Tips for Staging Your Home to Sell
Tips for Staging Your Home to Sell
If you are planning to stage your home, it is important that you highlight the strengths of your home and stage it so it appeals to the greatest pool of prospective buyers. The last thing you want to do is deter people from buying your property because it is staged poorly.
We put together some tips for you to consider before staging your home in Bay Area, San Francisco.
1. Don’t forget about the outside of the home. Many times, when we think of staging a home, we think of the interior. But don’t forget the curb appeal! When people pull up to the property, the very first impression is the exterior. If you don’t want to break your budget by completely redoing the landscape, there are some simple, affordable things you can do to increase the curb appeal. You may consider renting a pressure washer to remove dirt and grime from the siding, roof, and gutters. You can also add a fresh look by painting the door and shutters a bright, cheerful color. Replace old lights and remove any cobwebs or debris. You can also add in some potted plants, flowers, and a new door mat to make it feel more inviting and cheerful.
2. Give the kitchen some extra love. The kitchen is what sells a home. After all, it is the heart of the home and is where most families gather for the Holidays and enjoy meals together. If you don’t want to spend the money to completely remodel the kitchen, there are a few simple things you can do to spruce it up and make it more appealing. To start, make sure you pack up all appliances that are on the counter. When people walk into a kitchen, the last thing they want to see is a bunch of clutter. Clear, clean counters make the kitchen feel fresh and more inviting. If your cupboards are old, you may want to give them a quick coat of fresh paint for a quick and easy upgrade. Consider painting them white, grey, or slate blue. Neutral colors appeal to a broader audience and white always wins with a clean, crisp look.
3. Remove clutter. One of the easiest ways to get your home ready to show is by removing clutter. One of the things that makes a home feel small, dark, and undesirable is too much furniture. When professional stagers come into the home, they usually remove more than half the furniture to give the home a fresh, open feel. You should also remove clutter and personal belongings and photos from the shelves and tables. Remember…less is more!
4. Reposition furniture to open the space. When we think of staging a home, we want to stage the furniture in a way that makes the home feel open and roomy. When we live in a home, we tend to push furniture up against the walls to make it feel as though there is more room, but it does the opposite. When you float the furniture away from the walls and create a clear flow to the room it makes the space feel as though it has a purpose and, in turn, makes it feel bigger.
5. Clear the office space. One of the biggest selling points of a home is a designated office space. If you use a space in your home as an office, make sure you clean it and make it look neat and functional. This is a huge selling point to people who work from home and run their own businesses.
6. Make sure the bathrooms sparkle. The last thing people want to see is a dirty bathroom. One of the biggest tips we can give is to make sure the bathrooms shine! Clean them well and if you need to, take the time to recaulk the shower. It will be worth it. People who visualize themselves in a home need to see white, clean bathrooms.
If you are getting ready to put your home on the market and are looking for a professional staging company in San Francisco or the Bay area, contact us for help. We have been helping individuals and families in your area and would love to help you get your home ready to sell fast!